Avocado, Tahini and Super Sprouts on Toasted Sourdough
This avocado, tahini and sprouts on sourdough is a super quick and very healthy light lunch, brunch or snack. It's gorgeous on fresh, toasted sourdough but any toast will work. It provides a great hit of omegas, protein and enzymes for a delicious, nutritious pick me up.
2 slices of sourdough bread (or gluten-free bread)
1 ripe avocado
Tahini (add to taste)
Super sprouts (alfalfa, radish, mung bean, broccoli etc)
Paprika (smoked or regular)
Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Pinch of salt
1. Toast the sourdough (or other bread) and while you're waiting, assemble the other ingredients.
2. Slice the avocado width ways or mash it with a fork if you prefer. Set aside.
3. Spread a layer of tahini onto the toasted sourdough.
4. Place the avocado along the length of each of the slices of sourdough so they're completely covered.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the avocado.
6. Cover both slices of toast with the super sprouts.
7. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top (optional but I love it!) and then sprinkle paprika (the colours look lovely if you dust a little bit onto the plate).
This dish can easily be made gluten-free just by swapping the sourdough with a gluten-free bread of your choice.
Radish sprouts bring the most vibrant colour to the dish (sprouts can be grown at home or bought from local health food shop and some supermarkets).
If you haven't tried tahini before, make sure you add it by the teaspoon as it's got a very full flavour.
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.