Fresh Fruit Salad & Yoghurt
A fresh and fruity start to your day!
Try some lovely exotic fruit - or if you don't fancy out of season imports, try local fruit. Another great option is frozen fruit - there are lots of options from single fruits, eg raspberries or mango to mixed bags - these are a great mainstay in those winter months and because they're frozen just minutes after picking, often contain more nutrients than 'fresh' fruit that's been lying around for a while. Those of you who like foraging can fill up the freezer during early autumn with free berries from the hedgerows!
Vegan yoghurt - plain or flavoured - is widely available from large branches of most supermarkets and from good health food shops - there are several brands including Alpro, Provamel and Tesco. We particularly like Sojade. There is also coconut milk yoghurt, eg CoYo, which is delicious and very creamy.
Have a look at our top vegan yoghurts!
- A selection of your favourite fruits - try mango, grapes or papaya etc - or more seasonal, local fruits
- Vegan yoghurt, soya or coconut milk based - see notes above
1. Wash, peel and chop some of your favourite fruits. Mix together and serve with plain vegan yoghurt of your choice.
2. Drizzle a tiny bit of agave, date or maple syrup if you need it.
- Add some nuts or seeds for an extra oomph!
- Add nuts and banana to make it even more filling
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.