Street Noodle Salad with Peanut or Sesame Sauce, Supermarket-style
- 1 pack of ready to wok egg-free noodles, eg Amoy udon or any type of rice noodles
- Satay sauce from a jar (Thai Taste, Sainsbury's and Yeo's are vegan - other brands may contain fish or shrimp)
- Fresh peas (if not in season, use quickly microwaved frozen peas or soya beans)
- Salad leaves
- Black pepper to taste
- Lime chunks
- Salt and black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cucumber, grated on big holes plus chilli sauce or flakes to taste
1. Microwave the frozen soya beans or peas until just tender - a minute or so.
2. Meanwhile, mix the noodles, satay sauce and beansprouts together. Add the salad leaves too.
3. Mix in the peas or soya beans. Add the grated cucumber if using now. Taste and season if necessary.
4. Serve with lime chunks and eat.
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.