Tofu Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
- 1 block (225-250g) firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 red onion, chopped fine (use pre-chopped if short of time)
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp egg-free mayo - see above
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes (Engevita brand)
- Salt and pepper to taste - if you want more of an eggy taste Kala Namak black salt
- Cress, or else use scissor-chopped chives or rocket
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then season to taste.
2. Spread onto wholemeal bread - nicely spread with vegan butter (Pure, Biona, Suma margarine etc) - and top with the chives, rocket or cress.
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.