Veg & Tofu Stir-fry with Creamy Tahini Mustard Sauce
A really simple but tasty stir-fry dinner or lunch! This version uses ready-prepped veg and rice for you busy people out there - but of course, it can all be cooked from scratch if you have the time and inclination.
- 1-2 pouches ready-cooked brown rice
- 1-2 packs stir-fried or other ready-prepped vegetables of your choice: carrots, peppers, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, beansprouts - just about anything will work well
- A little oil or oil spray for frying
- Soya sauce (preferably shoyu or the GF tamari)
- 1 pack Cauldron tofu pieces or any flavoured, pre-cooked tofu of your choice, eg Taifun smoked or rosso, roughly chopped into pieces. For a gluten/wheat-free option, use Marigold Braised Tofu
- To serve: optional chilli flakes
- 60g/4 level tbsp tahini or any nut or seed butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- Large handful of parsley (curly or flat-leaf), thick stalks removed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch salt
- Optional: 1 tsp syrup (eg agave, maple or date) - add more to taste if desired
- Make sauce by blending all ingredients together with a whisk or hand blender - then warm through gently. Don't boil - the sauce needs to thicken but not too much.
- Heat the oil in a wok or similar pan and stir-fry the vegetables until just cooked - keep some texture. Add a splash of soya sauce and the tofu pieces. Stir in and heat through.
- Meanwhile, microwave or steam the brown rice until hot all the way through - use packet instructions.
- Serve. Place cooked, drained rice on plates, top with the vegetable-tofu mix, then the sauce.
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.