Vegan DIY (healthy) Pot Noodle
These pots are such a revelation... very healthy, super easy and really tasty! Perfect for office lunches or evenings where you're short of time... bung everything in the jar, add boiling water and you're good to go! Fill it up with your favourite veg and get creative... there are no rules with this one!
Instant rice noodles are everywhere... we used these ones (bought from Sainsbury's):
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp nut butter (optional)
- 1 tsp stock powder (eg vegan Marigold)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 5 tbsp soya sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 nest/large handful instant noodles (eg Mama Instant Rice Noodles found in most supermarkets. There are lots of other brands... check out supermarkets, health food shops and oriental supermarkets)
- Handful of kale (stalks removed), spinach or other greens
- 80g marinated tofu (eg Couldron pieces or Taifun) or use firm silken tofu, cut into small squares
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, grated or spiralized
- Handful grated red cabbage
- Handful of frozen peas
- Fresh chilli, sliced
- Radish sprouts
- Toasted mixed seeds
- Handful fresh coriander
- Top off with sriracha sauce
There are no rules with this recipe so get creative with your favourite veggies. You can use as many or as little of the toppings mentioned... it's really up to you (it is good to fill the jar up with nice things or it will be too watery) Try using the following in a variety of combinations:
Edamame beans, broccoli stems, chilli flakes, mushrooms, any sprouts (eg alfalfa, mungbean, fenugreek etc), sesame seeds, courgette, curry paste, yeast extract, grated ginger, garlic, sugar snap peas, avocado, sliced red/yellow pepper, green beans, broad beans, grated beetroot, celery, tinned pineapple, sweetcorn (tinned or fresh), cauliflower, tinned chickpeas, radish, fresh herbs, onion (finely diced)
- Get a 1 litre mason jar with a lid (you'll probably end up wanting to make this recipe all the time so it's worth getting one).
- Put the liquids and pastes into the bottom of the jar and then fill the jar up in layers with your favourite combination of noodles, veg, seeds, sprouts, tofu etc or use the ingredients mentioned above.
- Fill the jar to 3/4 full of boiling water, straight from the kettle.
- Stir thoroughly, put the lid back on and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir again really well before eating :)
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.