Weetabix with Plant Milk, Fruit and Omega Boost
We realise this isn't exactly a recipe - but it's good to know how many standard products are 'accidentally vegan' and it does make for an easy, substantial and pretty healthy breakfast! It doesn't have to be served with banana of course - try a mix of any fruit that you fancy. And use any plant milk you like too: soya, hemp, almond, rice... even better if fortified.
Gluten-free? Try a gf vegan cereal like some of the ranges offered by Nature's Sunrise, Amisa etc. You'll find them on free-from shelves, health food shops etc.
- 2 Weetabix or supermarket own-brand wheat biscuits
- Plant milk, eg soya or almond
- Banana and other fruit if desired, eg blueberries, mango...
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal - ground flax seeds, also known as linseeds*
- Optional seeds or raw nuts (ie not roasted or salted)
*'Milled' means the same as 'ground'...). Whatever it's called, Aldi and most major supermarkets sell whole and ground versions. Alternatively, grind your own. Store whole and ground flax in an airtight container in the fridge to conserve their omega-3 nutrients
1. Open packet. Place Weetabix biscuits (or gf alternative) in a bowl. Add chopped banana, flax meal and any other fruit you want. Pour plant milk over the top. Eat with a spoon!
Did you know that 30DayVegan is run by a charity?
Viva! is a UK-registered charity which educates people about the realities of factory farming and how it impacts our health, the planet and animals. 30DayVegan is part of our project to make going - and staying - vegan really easy by providing amazing recipes which make even meat-eaters' mouths water!
We're doing it because veganism saves animals, protects our planet and is better for the environment and your health.
We don't receive any government funding. We can only keep going with YOUR help. Please consider donating to Viva! to help us continue to offer these life-saving services.